Click an album cover and see what happens
Lucid Optics is a composer gone producer gone rapper gone singer. His songs are soul windows.
He's performed with close friends and underground legends such as Blackalicious, Open Mike Eagle, Milo, Ceschi, Illogic, Blueprint, DJ Halo, Psalm One, Louis Logic, Moka Only, Grayskul.
He's currently writing and doing vocals in Modern Language (with UK-producer Museum) along with production, writing and vocals in Lucid Logic (with Columbus-emcee & prooducer Illogic). Scroll down to group projects for more information.
“Local rapper Lucid Optics true talent lies in his innovative production. He writes and records all his own beats. He loops psychedelic swells with jazzy licks and even throws in some old 8bit Nintendo sounds and traditional Eastern music. His beats could stand up on their own as solid instrumental hip hop tracks. Fortunately, he can and does rap as well, with dizzy flow and brainy, clever lyrics. His style is reminiscent of Aesop Rock, but he goes even further into outer space territory. He has also done some top notch jams with local indie jazz outfit Contra Ville.”
— Metroactive, SLG Publishing and Art Boutiki present
- Rapreviews: Illogic + Lucid Optics: Lucid Logic
- Scratched Vinyl: Lucid Logic | Falling Into Winter
- Ghettoblaster: Lucid Logic - "Clones & Robots" Video Premiere
- Damn That Noise: Illogic + Lucid Optics - "Honey Dew" Single
- Grown Up Rap: Lucid Logic - "Honey Dew"
- Get Lifted: Modern Language - An Offer You Can Totally Refuse
- The Whole 9 Interview
- Impose Magazine
- Gods of Rap: CP 2016
- UGS Mag: Lucid Logic - "Pencilled In"
- The San Jose Blog
- Tersichore Music Review
- Peace Magazine
- OK Tho: Lucid Logic - Penciled In | SADLIBS | Seamless feat. Cauzndefx | Mars Mellow - Cosmic Perspective
- Swaggerless: Fill in The SADLIBS | The Fox Brings No News | Life in a Nutshell
- Northwest Music Scene
- SLG Publishing and Art Boutiki Present
- All Unsigned
- Phatfriend: Mind of Psilocybin | Best Demos of 2014